1: Creed 2: Manners 3: Character 4: Act of Worship 5: Deeds
7:Masah–pass wet hand over feet
[su_divider top=”no” size=”1″ margin=”0″]End[/su_divider]
What is Not Allowed Due to Menstruation and Postnatal Bleeding
- 1: Sexual intercourse.
Allah the Almighty said: وَ لَا تَقْرَبُوْهُنَّ حَتّٰى يَطْهُرْنَ
And do not go unto them till they are purified.(2:222)
- 2: Salah and fasting. Fasting is to be made-up after purity, but Salah is not to be made-up.
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said: «أَلَيْسَ إِذَا حَاضَتِ الْـمَرْأَةُ لَمْ تُصَلِّ وَلَمْ تَصُمْ»
Is it not the case that when the woman menstruates she does not pray nor fast (AlBukhari)
‘A’ ishah, may Allah be pleased with her said: “We experienced menstruation during the lifetime of Allah’s Messenger ﷺ. We were ordered to make – up the fasts, and we were not ordered to make-up the prayers for it.” (Al-Bukahri)
- 3: Entering the Masjid.
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ siad: «لَا أُحِلُ الْمَسْجِدَلِحَائِضٍ وَلَا لِـجُنُبٍ»
I do not make the Masjid permissible for menstruating, nor the one in a state of sexual impurity. (Abu Dawud)
- 4: Reading the Qur’an.
The Messenger of Allah said: «لَا يَقْرَأُ الْـجُنُبِ وَلَا الْحَائِضُ شَيْئًا مِنَ الْقُرْآنِ»
The one in a state of sexual impurity and the menstruating are not recite anything of the Qur’an.
- 5: Divorce. A menstruation woman is not to be divorced while on her menses. Rather one should wait until the period she becomes pure, then she may be divorced without touching her (without having sexual intercourse with her).
This is due to the narration of Ibn ‘Umar, may Allah be pleased with him, that he divorced his wife while on her menses. Allah’s Messenger ﷺ ordered him to return to her and wait until she became pure. (Al-Bukhari)
What is Allowed During Menstruation and Postnatal Bleeding
- 1: Fondling, and embracing without disturbing the vagina.
Allah’s Messenger said ﷺ:
«اِصْنَعُوا كُلَّ شَيْيءٍ إِلاَّ النِّكَاحَ»
Do whatever you want except for intercourse. ( Al-Bukhari)
- 2: Remembrance of Allah the Almighty, since there is no legislated prohibition against it.
- 3: Assuming the state of Ihram, standing on the Day of ‘Arafah, and all other rituals of ‘Umrah and Hajj except for Tawaf.
The Messenger of Allah ﷺ said to ‘A’ ishah, may Allah be pleased with her:
«اِفْعَلِي مَا يَفْعَلُ الْـحَاجُّ، غَيْرَ أَنْ لَا تَطُوفِي الْبَيْتَ حَتَّى تَطْهُرِي»
Do the rituals that the pilgrims do ; but od not make Tawaf before you become pure.
- 4: Eating and drinking with them
‘A’ ishah, may Allah be pleased with her said: “While I was having menstruating, I used to drink and give the vessel to Allah’s Messenger where he would drink form the very same place I drank.” (Muslim)
‘Abdullah bin Mas’ud, may Allah be pleased with him, said: “I asked the Prophet ﷺ about eating with the menstruating woman, He ﷺ said: «وَاكِلْهَا» Eat with her.(Ahmad and At-Tirmithi )