what does akika mean in islam, when to perform aqiqah, concept of aqiqa in islam, aqiqah in islam in Urdu, how is aqiqah done, shaving newborn baby hair in Islam, importance of aqiqa in islam, rules of akika in islam, shaving baby head Islam, how to do aqiqah of baby in islam, newborn baby hair cut, Akika, hakika in islam.
1: Creed 2: Manners 3: Character 4: Act of Worship 5: Deeds
7:Masah–pass wet hand over feet
8:Menstruation Postnatal Bleeding
[su_divider top=”no” size=”1″ margin=”0″]End[/su_divider]
1:Udhhiyyah-Qurbani 2:Aqiqah– scarifying of an animal on a child’s birth
Aqiqah-Hakika According To Islam
The ‘Aqiqah is a sheep slaughtered on the seventh day of a new infant birth.
The ‘Aqiqah is a strongly recommended sunnah act for the parents who are able to perform it.
Allah’s Messenger ﷺ:
« كُلُّ غُلاَمٍ رَهِينَةٌ بِعَقِيقَتِهِ تُذْبَحُ عَنْهُ يَوْمَ سَابِعِهِ وَيُسَمَّى، وَيُحْلَقُ رَأْسُهُ »
Every boy-infant is a pledge against his ‘Aqiqah, to be slaughtered on the seventh day, he is given a name and his head is to be shaved. (Abu Dawud and an-Nasa’I)
The Wisdom of ‘Aqiqah:
From the wisdom behind the ‘Aqiqah is expressing gratitude to Allah for the blessing of the child. It is also a means of devotion to Allah ion order to protect and care for the child.
From the regulations of the ‘Aqiqah are the following:
- 1:Its physical Fitness and Age Limit: Whatever requirements applied to the sacrifice, such as age, physical fitness, and absence of any defects, the same are applicable to the slaughtering for the newborn baby as well. Whatever is not sufficient from the sacrifice Qurbani, then it is not sufficient for the ‘Aqiqah.
- 2:Eating and Distribution of it: it is recommended to distribute it as the meat is distributed from the sacrificial animals. So the family may eat form it, give some it in charity and give some of it away as gift.
- 3:Recommended Acts on the Day of the ‘Aqiqah: It is recommended that if the newborn is a boy then one should slaughter two sheep, as the Messenger ﷺslaughtered two rams on behalf of Al-Hasan. (At-Tirmithi)
Likewise it is recommended to name the newborn on the seventh day of its birth. Selecting one of the best names for the child is also recommended. His head should be shaved and the equivalent of his shaved hair’s weight in gold or silver is to be given in charity. This can be in gold, silver or any other currency that takes the place of it.
Allah’s Messenger ﷺ:
«كُلُّ غُلاَمٍ رَهِينَةٌ بِعَقِيقَتِهِ تُذْبَحُ عَنْهُ يَوْمَ سَابِعِهِ وَيُسَمَّى وَيُحْلَقُ رَأْسُهُ »
Every boy-infant is a pledge against his ‘Aqiqah, which is to be slaughtered on the seventh day of his birth. He is given a name and his head is to be shaved.
Note: It recommended to shave the head of the male infant and not the female infant. It is disliked to shave the female infant’s head.
- 4:Calling the Adhan and the Iqamah in the Two ears of the Newborn Child: The people of knowledge consider it recommended that when the child is born, the Adhan should be called in its right ear and the Iqamah called in should be called in its right This in hopes that Allah will protect the baby form Umm As-Sibyan, which is the female demon (who follows women) of the Jinn. This is due to the report which states:
مَنْ وُلِدَ لَهُ فَأَذَّنَ فِي أُذُنِهِ الْيُمْنَى وَأقَامَ فِي أُذُنِهِ الْيُسْرَى لَمْ تَضُرُّهُ أُمُّ الصِّبْيَانِ
Whoever has a newborn infant, let him call the Adhan in his right ear and the Iqamah in his left ear so that Umm As-Sibyan will not harm the baby.
- 5:If the Seventh Day is missed without Slaughtering the Sheep: It is valid to slaughter it on the fourteenth day of twenty-first day after the birth. If the baby died before the seventh day of birth. There is no need to slaughter the sacrifice for its ‘Aqiqah.